Sunday 13 April 2014

The Story

It all began several years ago in a garage with two men and a photocopier. The two men were my husband, Remy, and his dad. The photocopier was Dad's bright idea after Remy mentioned wanting to learn more about electronics. "Let's take something apart," Dad said. "Something big." Through a series of calls, they soon found themselves with a very large and very heavy photocopier. Fast-forward a few hours and the garage was covered with photocopier parts. Needless to say, when Mom opened the garage door to call them both to supper, she was much dismayed. Fortunately for her (and me), Remy is very good at cleaning up after himself and soon the scrap metal was disposed of and the other pieces were sorted and put away. Remy didn't know it then, but that was the beginning of the Reincarnations. I guess this special photocopier must have been Very Very Good to merit so many more lives. You see, Remy has a knack for using things for other than their intended purpose and is a natural upcycler. He calls himself a woodworker but I think he's beyond woodworker, he's an artist. I have been telling him that since I met him. When he finally decided to make some of the pictures in his head come to life and do more things with wood, many of his projects required some metal thing that ended up being a piece of The Photocopier that worked perfectly after some shine and modifications. As he created more and more things, The Photocopier became our inside joke. It almost became a game to put a photocopier part in a project. I have been documenting these things that he has made in an album that I have labeled My Husband's Mad Creations and I am so glad he finally listened to me and started this blog so you can follow his creative journey. Everyone, meet Remy. I hope his work inspires you to create some of your own Reincarnations.

No comments:

Post a Comment