Monday 14 April 2014

Drill Press

I have found over time that on occasion I do not have the specific tool that I need for something.  Usually this is a result of not having the money to buy specialized tools, but sometimes this means that the specific item that I need does not exist or at least not in the format that I need.  I suppose that I will admit that it may also be because I am not aware of every tool there is out there.  One day, I needed a drill press but didn't have the money and had some holes that needed to be drilled that I knew a drill press was not ideal for.  So the construction of my first homemade tool began.  It is not an ideal tool by any means but the part that is lacking is simply the ability to hold the drill securely. Made entirely out of photocopier parts, this will either amaze you or confirm the suspicion that I am a little crazy.  If you take a look at the high chair post you will see that it did a good enough job on that project.  There is an attachment for the base that allows me to clamp a board on and drill into the end grain.
Created April 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment